It’s that time again, when every media expert and opinionista looks back on the year’s advertising campaigns and lists the best, worst and/or freakiest. Or, in Vader Boy’s case, the most listed in year-end lists. Here are the top ad roundups of 2011, in no particular order.
1. memeburn: Top 15 online ads
The top grin-inducing ad: Coca-Cola "Happiness Truck"
2. Copyranter: The 8 Worst Print Ads of 2011
The most controversial ad for the least controversial product: Milk "Everything I Do is Wrong"
3. Unruly and Mashable: Top 20 Global Social Video Ads Chart
The ad most shared by people who thought they were sharing a clip from the Office: T-Mobile "Royal Wedding"
4. Adweek: The 10 Best Commercials of 2011
The best ad that really makes you think -- until you need to go pick up some groceries: Nissan Leaf "Gas Powered Everything"
5. Harper’s Bazaar: Best Fashion Ads 2011
The ad that best answers the question, "Who are you wearing to the apocalypse?" Alexander McQueen "Fall 2011"
6. New York Times: Reliving the Best (and Worst) ads of 2011
The top ad that made Jenny send a body double to the block: Fiat "My World"
7. The Daily Caller: Top ten most absurd political campaign ads
The top ad that inadvertently doubles as an anti-smoking PSA: Herman Cain "Now is the time for action!"
8. AdAge: 2011′s Best Christmas Holiday Ads
The best ad that makes your thankful there's only one Black Friday a year: Best Buy "Black Friday Bruce"
9. The Counsumerist: Worst Ad in America
The top ad that makes you go "ew": Luv's "Poop There it Is"
10. AdFreak: 30 Freakiest Ads of 2011
The most unintentionally freaky (we think?) ad: LogOff.org "Mommy Facebook Song"
11. TheNextWeb: TNW’s Top 10 Superbowl Ads for 2011
The top Eminem ad that wasn't that awesome Chrysler spot: "Eminem: That's Why I Don't Do Commercials"
12. Time: Top 10 of Everything – Top 10 TV Ads
The top ad to accidentally distract you with anachronistic t-shirts: NFL "Best Fans Ever"
Can’t get enough best-of action? Check out the Best Blogads of 2011.