The sexiest day at SXSW Interactive? Monday.
Looking for tips for your startup? See you Saturday! Is your startup pursuing a video strategy? Saturday’s a big day for you as well. Good luck fitting all of those panels in!
Interestingly, Monday is not only the most popular day for sexy panels, it’s the buzz-word-iest day of the entire festival.
Ranking conspicuously low on the Blogads Buzz-O-Meter were Facebook and Twitter, with five and three panels, respectively, and the Internet darling Pinterest, whose name appears in only one panel.
We give the “Cliche Buster” award to the following panels, whose clever titles transcend the buzzwords within them:
- Viral is a Dirty Word: Strategic Video Success
- Social Media Is a Bubble and SXSW Is a Fad
- (Not Just) Shit Startups Say: Anatomy of a Rockstar Product Cycle
- Big Ol’ Babies: Why Baby Boomers=Public Media FAIL
- Brands with Benefits: Hooking Up with Good Deals
The “Buzzword Three-peat” award, for using the same buzzword three times in one title goes to:
The “Rose-Colored Google Goggles” award goes to these panels, who optimistically see brands as something more than a buzzword:
- Entertain or Fail: Brands As the New Publishers
- Brands As Patterns
- Brand As API: Connect Differently
And finally, the “Buzzword Threesome” award, for the three panels that need to get a room… with data…
- Data Is Sexier Than Sex… And I’ll Prove It
- Sexy Data Solutions for Public Transit Systems
- Beautiful Data? No, That Data is a Sex Machine
See you in Austin!